The Gordo Blogga

Formerly known as "Untying the Gordian Knot"

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Here we go again

Summary: AARP (retired people) is against Social Security reform. In order to make them play nice a smear campaign is in progress a la McCain 2000 and Kerry 2004.

Here is something I don't get... why doesn't the slimed side do some sliming themselves? If you can't beat them - join them. Surely, being the bigger man and a loser doesn't mean much. If someone is throwing mud at you why stand there, take the hits and beg them to stop? The best defense is to attack back. The tactic "Swifties" used can be VERY easily replicated. It is no brain science. It involves finding out what irkes the electorate and then finding a way to attach that to your opponent - truth is usually fuzzy anyways. We really need a little pragmatism around here!
Update - Slate explores the responses from the blogosphere to an e-book touting succesful strategies conservatives have been (and can continue) using to get their way.
http://www.slate.com/id/2113945/

3 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found this hilarious, because I couldn't stop picturing the nudist colony in Quartzsite and the "AARP Agenda"

    There'll be rioting in the street I tell you!

    E.

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found this hilarious, because I couldn't stop picturing the nudist colony in Quartzsite and the "AARP Agenda"

    There'll be rioting in the street I tell you!

    E.

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger z said…

    *lol* I know, I know. I had many other funny pictures in my head when I was reading that article.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home