The Gordo Blogga

Formerly known as "Untying the Gordian Knot"

Monday, January 23, 2006

Annual list of ideal car brands for car dealers

This is actually a pretty interesting list. It rates based on three factors, but I think it says a lot about what kinds of cars people are generally interested in. Pretty much what you'd expect, but it was interesting to note that Saturn was at a high #4 and Volkwagen at a low #16. Maybe due to other factors, but I've only heard bad stuff about Saturn quality and it seems to me Volkswagen has some solid products with high popularity (Bug, Jetta), especially amongst women.

Any thoughts on that? In California at least 90% of Volkswagen drivers are women.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger nell said…

    I have not heard that VW has high quality, actually, kind of the opposite, but I don't know the actual comparison to Saturn

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Saturn has high quality, it's just the resale value is so low, so no one wants one. I've heard they are made well. I'm personally a VW lover and would love a new Jetta. I know that I had an old cabriolet and it ran. Might not have been the best all the time, but it always got you from point A to B. And it was a tough cookie too. my opinions though. i think it all depends on the customer experience.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger z said…

    true. i think vw suffers from the same problems all european cars suffer from - little glitches. generally they are great cars with quality main components. however, all the little stuff that can break usually does. that's the feedback i've heard so far.

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Rama said…

    It's a lot cheaper to fix domestic cars too. Saturns also look nicer (in my opinion). I think Jettas are easier to break into as well (differing point? or am I thinking of Hondas?)

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger nell said…

    I'm just remembering when liz was having problems. personally, i love my honda and will prlly never buy a different one... and customer experience certainly has a lot to do with it

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger z said…

    ditto on the honda. though i must admit that the scion tC looks scrumptious and i would probably swap my civic if i was getting a new car.

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger z said…

    *lol* that was the main reason everyone owned a yugo back home. ok, not everyone, but almost. it was super cheap to maintain... car parts everywhere!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home