The Gordo Blogga

Formerly known as "Untying the Gordian Knot"

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Best condom?

Until recently this wasn't even a question for me - condoms just plain sucked. They were a necessity one had to deal with. All this changed when (partially by chance) I ended up trying a Kimono condom. The experience changed my outlook on these small rubbery devices. The potential was out there... it just had to be found.

Thankfully (and quite helpfully) Slate just performed this badly needed research. Kimono rated quite high (with a 13), but two condoms got a perfect 15 - Pleasure Plus and Trojan Supra! Ahhh, the potential!

Capitalism is a wonderful thing!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Z! We meet again. Through an interesting web of connections, I heard about your blog. Now I am here, and couldn't quite figure out how to email you personally, so I decided to post it out there for all to see. :) Hope you are well. Slam me an email if you get a chance, I'd love to get back in touch. Email 'ress is still as before.
    Megan (remember? from Beloit?)

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    RE: Trojan Supra

    Are you kidding? I strongly suspect that a lot of these bloggers and blog commenters work for the company that makes these things. Although they clam they are 'thinner' than latex condoms, they feel like they are about a quarter of an inch thick. And they come pre-coated with our old friend nonoxynol-9, which is now considered obsolete and may actually INCREASE risk of HIV transmission.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home