The Gordo Blogga

Formerly known as "Untying the Gordian Knot"

Friday, December 03, 2004

Lifetime, television for women

Jim Gaffigan, a fabulous comedian, said in his Comedy Central Presents special:

"My favorite channel is the Lifetime channel. Because Lifetime is 'television for women. Lifetime, television for women.' Yet for some reason there is always a woman getting beaten on that network."

Sad, but true. Yet, I must say that I quite enjoyed an article on their website written by Nancy Nisselbaum, a single woman who at 35 decided to take things into her own hands and concieve. Way to go girl (woman)!
http://www.lifetimetv.com/reallife/relation/features/babymakestwo.html

Update: Now, one for the guys. Can we all saw "Awwwww" in unison?
http://www.lifetimetv.com/reallife/relation/features/fatherhood.html

3 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Wow. go single mom. The guys article cracked me up because I kept saying yep, oh and yeah, duh...haha. I think if I'm around 40 and not married or anything, I will have a kid. That's my dream. Sappy yes, but I love kids. But hopefully, I will have the typical home dream by then...we'll see.

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger nell said…

    Somehow I can't quite see myself ever having kids... just not my style... so while it's unlikely I'd find myself in that position, I have to say I'm impressed by someone willing to go it alone like that.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger z said…

    I'll quote Dilbert on this one:

    --------------------
    Dilbert: Is there more to life than just working?
    Dogbert: Yes, there's also the complaining about work, the nightly periods of unconsciousness and sweet, sweet death.
    Dilbert: Maybe I should have kids.
    Dogbert: To share the joy?
    --------------------

    ;)) True. True. And yet for a strange and indescribable reason I do want to spawn my own offspring. Cruelty? Perhaps, but then again it seems to be in our cards. Maybe I should start chain smoking and join the French existentialist movement?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home